Coalition of Oak Ridge Retired Employees
Minutes of Board Meeting on April 20, 2016, 10:00 a.m., ATLC Meeting Hall
Present: Angelelli (T), Bradshaw, Hightower, Johnson, Kibbe, Mason, Peterson, Rogers, Rupert, Toedte, White, Whitehead, Whitley, Worrell
1. Approval of the Minutes.
– March minutes approved
2. Treasurer’s Report. Treasurer’s report was approved as submitted.
3. Contractor Contacts.
o UCOR – Peterson
86.34% funded as of 01/01/15
—>1159 retired/receiving benefits
—>429 potential for future benefits
o NSPS – Rogers
No new report
o CNS – Worrell
No new report
Community Outreach meeting inn early May (Hightower)
No response regarding surviving spouse issue
o ORNL – Rupert
See attached report of meeting with UT-Battelle/ORNL Managers
o Whitley – We need to push dental/vision issue to contractors now to avoid another year delay; CNS said they will do this.
4. Committee Reports.
o Communications – Kibbe
She has CORRE DVDs
Lists of emails provided; several returned as complete as possible.
o Website – Toedte
Leaving Board – U of Illinois Doctoral Program; leaving town most of the time.
Need new website master
• Nobody yet from Board; may need new Board member to do this.
• [Dave Mason privately nominated Dave Reichle.]
o Planning Committee – Whitehead
Status report sent out to members (see emailed report).
Listed potential 2016 action items.
Committee will meet in next few weeks (before next Board meeting).
o Nominating Committee – Rogers
Committee members – Rogers, Bradshaw, Peterson, Brock, Angelelli, Johnson.
Survey sheet passed around today regarding who will serve inn 2017.
Will solicit interest in serving; poll regular members by July 1.
o Other Sites
No new reports.
Congressman Duncan at ETEC on Friday.
o Annual Meeting – White
Hightower to try for Oct 24 (1st choice) or Oct 17 (second choice) as date.
5. Other Business.
• Reichle (not here) – TVA getting a lot of press regarding pension. What can we do?
• Worrell – How do we respond to letters to contractors regarding spouse issue?
• Whitley – Has more contacts in Alexander’s office (in addition to Patrick Jaynes).
• Whitley – UHC may be pulling out of Tennessee except for company sponsored plans/moving out of Obama exchange. Will this impact X/Y? We need to sort this out regarding how it applies to us?
The meeting was adjourned at 11:12 am.