Coalition of Oak Ridge Retired Employees
Minutes of Board Meeting on June 21, 2016, 10:00 a.m., ATLC Meeting Hall
Present: Angelelli (T), Bradshaw, Hightower, Kibbe, Mason, Moore, Morrow, Peterson, Reichle, Rupert, Sadlowe, White, Whitehead, Whitley, Worrell
1. Approval of the Minutes.
– May minutes approved
2. Treasurer’s Report.
– Treasurer’s report was approved as submitted.
3. Contractor Contacts.
– NSPS – Hightower for Rogers
Asked for additional info on retirees.
– CNS – Worrell
Ben/Val discussion – Pam Williamson to speak to Board
* Bob asked Pam for July Board meeting.
* Should we ask other counterparts to join Pam?
* Ben/Val calculation does not apply to current retirees.
* Sadlowe – How about inviting Feds?
* AON regarding dental/vision letter thru AON.
4. Committee Reports.
– Communications – Kibbe
* Working email update.
– Nominations – Rogers
* Having problems with phone numbers.
* Sadlowe – How about mid-career employees?
– Other Sites – McGrory
* Bob sent email to SR regarding pension adjustments.
– Legislative – Whitley
* Bob asked Garry to set up meeting with Helen Hardin.
– Annual Meeting – White
* Cost and date at AMSE confirmed.
– Planning – Whitehead
*Had planning committee meeting.
*Follow-up meeting on July 6 at 10:00.
5. Other Business: Do-Nut Hole Discussion-Mason.
– What is it? Medicare Part D coverage gap. You pay more for drugs – 45% this year. If you get out, you go to catastrophic level and pay 5%. Going away by 2020.
– What came from survey? About 30% of survey responders exceeded $1950 for drugs.
– What are contractors doing? CNS will not subsidize donut hole. No issue at ORNL. Don’t know about others.
– Recommendations: Ask CNS to increase YSA for those whose pension is less than $1K/mo (36.3% of survey responders).
– Mason motion to raise stipend by $50/mo for those with pensions less than $1K/mo for CNS retirees and spouses – Reichle seconded the motion. Motion carried.
– Bob – we will send a letter asking CNS to do this.
– The meeting was adjourned at 11:02 am.