Coalition of Oak Ridge Retired Employees
Minutes of Board Meeting on May 18, 2016, 10:00 a.m., ATLC Meeting Hall
Present: Angelelli (J), Angelelli (T), Kibbe, Hightower, Morrow, Peterson, Bradshaw, Whitehead, Rogers, Reichle, Mason, Worrell, Moore, McGrory, Emery, Toedte, Doug Colclasure (Guest), Martin McBride (Guest)
o “CORRE Can Be Successful By Linking To DOE’s Mission”
1. Approval of the Minutes.
– April minutes approved
2. Treasurer’s Report.
– Treasurer’s report was approved as submitted.
3. Contractor Contacts.
o UCOR – Peterson
• For those retired after 01/17, 2% spouse pension reduction would cost $315K/yr.
• Estimate of $7M total to include all retirees, starting now.
• Meeting June 15 with UCOR/UHC to discuss rollout of new health plan next year (01/17).
o NSPS – Rogers
• Meeting Canceled.
o CNS – Hightower
• CNS will respond to spouse option letter.
o ORNL – Emery
• Confusion over dental//vision coverage.
• Cut-off at 65?
• Dental possible because it is separate; vision is not.
o Hightower – We represent about 15K retirees from total of three annual funding letters.
4. Committee Reports.
o Communications – Kibbe
UHC pullout does not affect retirees.
Working request for contact info from retirees.
o Website — Toedte
Will update CORRE Board bio page.
Letter from Doug Colclasure – will resurrect.
Last meeting – Ross commended for his service on Board.
o Nominations – Rogers
Email out asking for interest in CORRE Board membership.
Sheet passed around asking current members for interest.
o Annual Meeting — Hightower
At AMSE this year due to change in rate.
Meeting date is October 24 at 2:00.
o Planning – Whitehead
Meeting planned for June 8.
– The meeting was adjourned at 11:05 am.