Coalition of Oak Ridge Retired Employees
Minutes of Board Meeting on June 17, 2015, 10:00 a.m., Oak Ridge Senior Center
Present: Cates, Mason, Peterson, Stow, Worrell, Bradshaw, Moore, Whitley, Morrow, Rogers, Reichle, Tony Angelelli, Hightower, Setaro, Kibbe, Bradshaw, McGrory, and Rupert.
Absent: Joy Angelelli, Emery, Toedte, White, Whitehead.
1. Call to Order. President Hightower called the meeting to order at 10:00 am.
2. Approval of the May 2015 Minutes. May meeting minutes had two revisions and were approved as revised.
3. Treasurer’s Report. Mary Jane White sent in treasurer’s report. Balance is $22,320.88. Report
4. Contractor Contacts.
UCOR: Pete Peterson, Dwight Morrow, Dave Whitehead
– UCOR meeting with CORRE. Peterson, Morrow, and Whitehead attended. United Health Care made the presentation.
– Subsidy is still not known.
– Subsidy will roll over if not used. Can spend it all in January (flexible). o If not now participating (42% now), retiree can sign up now and at every enrollment period.
– Monthly plan change is allowed.
– Educational package will be out July 10.
– There will be 63 days to get enrolled – may be without insurance during that time.
– Contractor subsidies not impacted by Obama Care.
– New plan will eliminate present/past cost sharing and replace it with 50/50 sharing.
– Bob Hightower action: Ask Mike Emery about ORNL ability to change plan.
– There is a question regarding switching back and forth between N Plan and F Plan.
NSPS: Mike Bradshaw, Jim Rogers
– NSPS will go forward with community involvement like Wackenhut.
ORNL: No report.
Y-12 (CNS): No report.
5. Committee Reports.
Communications: Judy Kibbe
– Kibbe raised a question about computer hacking and said that security clearance may be an issue.
Website: Ross Toedte
– Toedte suggested looking at the strategic plan for possible revision.
Planning: No report
Nominations: Jim Rogers
Rogers passed around a survey regarding who wants to return next year.
– 17 of 21 want to continue, resulting in 4 vacancies.
– We can have up to 22 members.
– Bob Hightower commented that the current membership is heavy toward ORNL, and we should look at the other sites and the union.
– We were asked to submit names to Jim in 2-3 weeks.
Annual Meeting: Shirley Cates
– Cates will send out notices in September.
CNS Benefits Survey: Dave Mason
– Mason will revise the survey; will drop AON dental/vision questions.
– Question was raised regarding sending mailing to larger distribution. Pam Williamson will be contacted about this question.
– Mason and Bob Worrell will follow up regarding the cost of mailing with Y-12.
– Dave reported that Pam Williamson had seen the survey.
– Dave has a committee. Bob Hightower will send him the names.
6. Other business.
– No significant other business was discussed.
7. New business.
– Next meeting is July 15. Pete Peterson will conduct the meeting.
8. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 10:40 am.