Coalition of Oak Ridge Retired Employees
Minutes of Board Meeting on March 16, 2016, 10:00 a.m., ATLC Meeting Hall
Present: Angelelli (T), Bradshaw, Brock, Emery, Hightower, Johnson, Kibbe, Mason, McGrory, Moore, Peterson, Rogers, Rupert, Sadlowe, Toedte, Whitley, Worrell.
Visitors: Kenneth and Amanda Lawson.
1. Approval of the Minutes.
– Include modified list of 2016 items.
– Include list of questions from Savannah River.
– Approved with amendments.
2. Treasurer’s Report. Treasurer’s report was approved as submitted.
3. Audit Report (Moore).
– Two page handout.
– Interest drop due to rates.
– We have reduced mailing costs.
– Survey resulted in 183 new members & increased income.
– Report not sent to state; internal only.
– Accepted as submitted.
4. UCOR (Peterson).
– Started United Health Care-UCOR meetings.
– June 15, 2:00 UHC/UCOR meeting.
– Dental included for pre-65 for 2 years.
– DOE reviewing 350.1 for ben/val.
– Cyber intrusion – OPM letter – will cover.
—> www.opm.gov; 800-750-3003 to enroll.
– Dental/vision post-65 must use stipend.
– Re 2% spouse option – keep bringing it up.
—> According to Setaro, we need to formally request cost info from contractors; then Alexander’s office can step in.
– Can we get contractor/DOE in meeting? (Emery)
– Our ben/val is at 108% now – should be at NSPS (Rogers reported at last meeting).
– Retirees not now in insurance program cannot re-enter.
– Dental/vision – no program for over 65.
– ~150 employees involved in spouse option issue
– CORRE will formally ask by letter to contractors for spouse option costs.
– Whitley — don’t let dental/vision plan drop.
– Worrell — still looking at letting people back in insurance program.
7. ORNL (Emery).
– April 1 meeting to discuss issues
– UHC and TENOVA issues resolved.
– Question regarding whether people can come back into insurance program. If on spouse’s insurance or credited insurance, can get back in within 30 days if insurance ending (Y, X).
8. Committee reports.
– Communications (Kibbe)
—> DVDs – CORRE overall general discussion available.
– Web (Toedte)
—> Membership rolls updated.
—> Web hosting expires on May 24. With a small change, $100/yr.
—> Includes infrastructure, access to our page, hosting our pages.
—> Motion to continue (Whitley) — $200 for two years.
—>—> Motion carried.
—> Sadlowe asked whether there is blog capability.
– Planning – no report.
– Nominations – Rogers
—> Plan from bylaws sent out to committee.
—> In April, will start seeking interest.
—> In a month, sheet to members regarding continuing.
– Other Sites
—> Preliminary response send to Savannah River by Hightower.
– Legislative — no report.
– Annual Meeting – no report.
9. New Business.
– How many do we not have good emails on (Whitley)?
– Plan to get current phone numbers.
– Visitors – Kenneth and Amanda Lawson
—> Asked why benefits plans office at ORNL is not outside gate?
– N-S article on health bills (Sadlowe).
—> Just because hospital is in network, doctors and labs are not necessarily in network.
– Toedte asked for biographical info of new members/ headshot photo.
10. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 11:06 am.