Coalition of Oak Ridge Retired Employees
Minutes of Board Meeting on November 19, 2014, 10:00 a.m., Oak Ridge Senior Center
Present: Dave Mason, Garry Whitley, Ross Toedte, Bob Worrell, Bob Hightower, Pete Peterson, Joe McGrory, Jim Rogers, Dave Whitehead, Dave Reichle, Mike Willard, Steve Cates, Shirley Cates, Ken Moore, Mary Jane White, Judy Kibbe, and about 13 guests.
Absent: Steve Stow, Mike Bradshaw, Dwight Morrow, Dub Shults
1. Call to Order. President Dave Mason called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. New Business. John Hickey and Mary Ellen Branan from the UCOR Benefits Office presented information pertaining to upcoming changes for 2015 and 2016 to the UCOR health benefits. An extensive presentation interspersed with many questions/answers was held. Board members and guests were given handouts containing specifics of the changes. Details and premium rate information can be found on the UCOR website: www.ucor.com/benefitsRMP.html
A group of predominantly Y-12 retirees (calling their group “Oak Ridge Retirees,”) led by Betty Hatmaker, attended the CORRE meeting to explore ways in which CORRE might get involved with assisting the group in their quest to mitigate their health care changes especially to their pre-65 retirees. After much discussion, CORRE President Dave Mason suggested that he and several board members hold a special meeting with Betty Hatmaker to further explore ways that CORRE can support this group.
3. Approval of Minutes. Approval of Minutes from October meeting. A motion was made, seconded, and passed to approve the minutes, as distributed.
4. Treasurer’s Report. Mary Jane White presented the Treasurer’s report for September and October. Motion and second to pay bill from Emory Valley Center for preparation and mailing Annual Meeting notices.
During the Annual Meeting, Bobby Copeland sold a number of his books about the early days of Oak Ridge. He promised CORRE $3 for every book sold. Steve Cates presented $45, the share promised (15 sold), to the CORRE treasurer at the conclusion of the meeting.
5. Other Business.. Contractor Contacts and Committee Reports were deferred until a future meeting.
6. Adjournment. Mason adjourned meeting at 11:30.
Judy Kibbe, CORRE Secretary pro tem