Coalition of Oak Ridge Retired Employees
Minutes of Board Meeting on October 16, 2014, 10:00 a.m., Oak Ridge Senior Center
Present: Cates (Steve), Cates (Shirley) Hightower, Kibbe, Mason, McGrory, Peterson, Shults, Stow (late!!), Worrell, and Whitehead, Doug Colclasure (visitor)
Absent: Bradshaw, Moore, Morrow, Reichle, Rogers, Toedte, White, Whitley, Napier, White
1. Call to Order. President Dave Mason called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Approval of Minutes. Approval of Minutes from September 17 meeting. A motion was made, seconded, and passed to approve the minutes, as distributed.
3. Treasurer’s Report. Mason noted that there is no Treasurer’s report for the last month.
4. Last Minute Annual Meeting Issues. Cates (Steve) reviewed the status of activities for the upcoming Annual CORRE Meeting. The following responsibilities were covered: introduction of guests (Whitley; some legislation representatives and other VIPs are expected); visitors’ list (Petersom); update of email addresses (Hightower, Whitehead, Stow), other responsibilities have been assigned.
5. Other Business.. Mason noted he will visit the contractors’ offices to introduce them to Bob Hightower, incoming President of CORRE.
Mason also said he had spoken to a representative of Congressman’s Fleishmann’s office who noted that the “spousal option” initiative of CORRE would need to be sponsored by a contractor, and the present fact that the pension funds are not 100% funded makes contractors unable to provide support.
There was discussion of CORRE developing an initiative to aid Y-12 retirees more fully understand the new benefits packages that are to be made available to them. Initially it was suggested that a series of answers to “frequently-asked questions” be generated, but there was concern about CORRE providing “advice” rather that more generic answers and it was decided that it would be best if CORRE refrained from such interaction.
6. Dry Runs for Annual Meeting. Mason reviewed his presentation to be made on October 20 at the Annual Meeting. Comments were accepted. This was followed by Hightower reviewing his presentation; comments were accepted.
7. Adjournment. Mason adjourned meeting at 10:55.
Steve Stow, CORRE Secretary